Clear Braces at Precision Orthodontics
If you’re searching for an affordable, efficient route to a perfect smile, clear braces could be the answer for you! Clear braces are similar to metal braces in many ways, but the biggest difference is their appearance. A great alternative to Invisalign, clear braces are virtually invisible on your teeth. They’re typically ceramic, porcelain or a plastic material.
For many patients, clear braces are the right solution for your needs and the Precision Orthodontics team will create a treatment plan that’s specifically made for you. This treatment is a great option for both kids and adults.
Are Clear Braces a Good Option for Me?
Benefits of Clear Braces
- Appearance. Clear braces give you all the benefits of metal braces, but without the aesthetic implications. Since they are nearly invisible, you don’t have to worry too much about your altered appearance.
- Stain-Resistant. Today’s clear braces are designed specifically to not stain. The small clear bands that are replaced every few weeks have the potential to stain, but your brackets will not.
- Cost. For a less noticeable look, clear braces are more cost-effective than clear aligners.
- Comfort. Because they are not made of metal, clear braces are often more comfortable than traditional braces.
Common Concerns About Clear Braces
- Durability. Though we use the highest-grade materials for our clear braces and ceramic is incredibly durable, there is no guarantee they’ll be as strong as metal braces.
- Hygiene. Since they are larger than metal braces, clear brackets require a more diligent cleaning routine.
- Treatment time. Clear braces are not as strong as metal braces which can result in a more drawn-out treatment process.
Adults and Clear Braces
Clear braces are hugely popular among adults for their discreet appearance. They’re also less costly than clear aligners, so this is often a great alternative for adults hoping to save on orthodontic care. Clear braces allow you to continue your lifestyle seamlessly. There’s no need to remove mouthware for meals or feel self-conscious about your appearance, which makes clear braces a win-win for adults.
Kids and Clear Braces
Kids and teens benefit from clear braces in many ways. For starters, there’s no need to worry about an altered appearance with clear braces. Your teen can continue about their social life feeling confident in their smile. There’s also no way for your child to lose their clear braces, making them a great alternative to clear aligners. Clear ceramic braces are made of softer materials, which patients tend to prefer over traditional metal.
Clear Braces vs. Traditional Braces
The biggest difference between clear and traditional braces is that clear braces are much less noticeable. If you’re worried about your appearance changing when you get braces, this is the perfect option for you! Traditional braces, however, allow you to change colors and mix up your style. Traditional braces are also made of metal which can sometimes be uncomfortable for patients. Clear braces are made of softer material, like ceramic or porcelain, so you won’t experience as much poking and prodding. Keep in mind that clear braces are a bit more costly than traditional braces, but most patients find that the benefits are worth it.
Financing and Next Steps
Ready to learn more about these invisible braces? We hope you’ll set up your free consultation today! Our practice accepts many different insurance plans and all major credit and debit cards. The Precision Orthodontics team is always ready to talk through payment plans and other ways we make your orthodontic dreams a financial reality. Don’t let price stand in your way!
Our offices serve Cleveland, Youngstown and surrounding areas of Ohio, so fill out our online contact form or give us a call to get started.