Family/General Dentists treat all patients, regardless of their age. Just like Pediatricians, Pediatric Dentists are dental specialists who only treat children.
Here are the 5 top reasons you'll want to take your child to a Pediatric Dentist:
1. They're experts at treating kids! Pediatric Dentists complete four years of dental school plus an additional 2-3 years of advanced residency training in pediatric dentistry. Just like Pediatricians, they exclusively treat children from birth through adolescence.
2. Pediatric dental offices are fun! We offer your children a fun and playful atmosphere, often including play areas, video games, TVs, books, and positive reinforcement rewards to make your child's visit as positive as possible. Most of our patients can't wait to come back.
3. They understand child development and behavior. We know that a child's temperament can vary. Pediatric Dentists and their teams recognize and appreciate the uniqueness of each precious child and are well trained in managing all levels of behavioral cooperation in a friendly, comfortable manner.
4. Pediatric Dentists have advanced training. We understand caring for children with special health care needs. In addition, if your child needs sedation for dental treatment, they are well equipped to offer several options safely and effectively, ranging from mild sedation (laughing gas) to general anesthesia (asleep).
5. They work closely with other health care professionals. Pediatric Dentists will work with other health care professionals as needed by your child (Pediatricians, ENTs, Lactation Consultants, Oral Surgeons, Orthodontists, Speech Pathologists, etc.) and enjoy hospital privileges.