Affordable Invisalign® Treatment at Precision Orthodontics
What Do I Need to Know About Invisalign®?
Is Invisalign® Right for You?If your teeth are crowded, crooked, gapped or otherwise misaligned, Invisalign® may be the right solution for you. Invisalign® can also treat overbites, underbites, crossbites and open bites. While there are tons of benefits to this treatment, we also understand that our patients have some questions.
Benefits of Clear Aligners
- Appearance. Because of its clear, smooth appearance, Invisalign® is the least intrusive and least noticeable path to a straighter smile.
- Comfort. Invisalign® is more comfortable than traditional braces, with no sharp hardware to worry about.
- Hygiene. Since your aligners are removable, Invisalign® makes it easy to maintain your current dental cleaning routine.
- Eating. As long as you remove your aligners before eating and brush your teeth afterwards, there are no off-limit foods when it comes to Invisalign®.
- Results! The result of Invisalign® is a straight, beautiful smile! Invisalign® often offers faster timelines for treatment.
Common Invisalign® Concerns
- Cost. Typically, Invisalign® is a bit more expensive than traditional braces. However, the cost can be mitigated with insurance, payment plans and more.
- Convenience. Invisalign® must be worn 22 hours per day to be effective. This means you must take them everywhere you go: to restaurants, work, parties and beyond. You also must be prepared to brush your teeth after every meal before putting your aligners back in.
- Consistency. It’s crucial aligners are worn the recommended time. For patients, children and teens in particular, Invisalign® might not be the right option if treatment isn’t followed through accordingly.
Clear Aligners for AdultsInvisalign® is the most common route for adults who want to straighten their teeth. The appearance is discreet and the maintenance is simple. Invisalign® also tends to work quickly, sometimes taking just six months to complete treatment. Adults typically have more predictable routines (and more responsible habits) than children, making Invisalign® a perfect option for patients motivated to take ownership of their care.
Clear Aligners for KidsClear aligners are also a viable option for children and teenagers. Invisalign® promotes confidence with its minimal, sleek appearance. Wearing a series of clear aligners is also more comfortable than braces. With traditional braces also comes more possibility for malfunction, such as loose wires or brackets, and this possibility is eliminated with Invisalign®. Ultimately, parents know their children best. If you believe Invisalign® is the best plan of treatment for your child and that they can handle the responsibility of keeping Invisalign® in for at least 22 hours a day, Precision Orthodontics will work to make that a reality for you!
Invisalign® vs. BracesIf you’re considering a couple of different options to straighten your smile, you’re not alone! There are pros and cons to both Invisalign® and braces. Here are a few key comparisons:
- Invisalign® treatment takes six months to two years to complete, while braces take around one to three years.
- Invisalign® is removable by the patient, whereas braces are not.
- Brushing is similar, but braces require special floss threaders. Invisalign® users will need to brush and soak aligners regularly, as well as brush teeth more often.
- You will begin a new set of aligners every two weeks, but visit the orthodontist less often with Invisalign® because we give you multiple sets at a time. Braces patients visit the orthodontist more frequently.
- Invisalign® is a bit more costly than both traditional and clear braces.
- Invisalign® might not be an option for certain complex cases, in that case braces would most often be the recommended alternative.